Dates artistic entrance examination Bachelor Dance
We strongly advise students from outside the EU to participate in the first session of the entrance exams because of Visum issues and the time needed to arrange their stay in Belgium.
|auditions bachelor Dance||dates||deadline registration|
|audition 1 (three day programme)||
Friday 14 Februari 2020
|audition 2 (three day programme)||Saturday 7 March 2020
Sunday 8 March 2020
Monday 9 March 2020
Do you want to participate? Follow this procedure:
1. Register for the artistic entrance examination
A prospective student may enrol only once per academic year for the same admission test unless specifically requested by the jury after the first participation. Please also make sure not to miss any other deadlines regarding the required documents like a visum, to enroll later on!
The registrations for the auditions are closed, stay updated on the next sessions through the Infomail Dance.
2. Check the starting competences
The dance department is interested in the potential of dance artists and seek this in many forms within a 3-day audition process. The audition includes contemporary, classical and improvisation classes, repertoire, composition, solo, group discussion and interview. Dance technical skills are essential, as well as creativity, individuality, personality and an ability to verbalise artistic interests and it is the combination of all the elements that lead to acceptance into the course.
Alongside the diploma conditions that are required for studying the Bachelor dance, below is a list that encompasses aspects that are considered during the application process:
- Good level of contemporary dance technique
- Fundamental level of classical ballet technique
- Experience and awareness of improvisation
- Movement skills, amongst others: an adequate application of - postural alignment, centre of gravity, strength, control, breath, connectivity, coordination, efficiency, spatial awareness, dynamic range, musicality, expressivity, presence and mind-body connection
- Creative choice making and response to instructions
- Physical and mental condition to maintain the intensity of the programme
- Capacity for reflection and critical thinking
- Awareness of the Belgian and international dance and arts scene and wider society
- Communication skills and willingness to develop in a collective setting
- Clear motivation
- Positive attitude
- Passion for developing skills as a dance artist
3. The administration fee
To be certain that you can participate, the administration fee (40 euros) has to be paid within two weeks after registration. The payment needs to be done online within the application tool. The application fee is non-refundable.
Make sure to fill in the full questionnaire at least 10 days before the artistic entrance exam. Mention previous education and/ or your need for exemptions clearly.
5. Prepare yourself for the audition
Create a choreography of max. 2 minutes, style and music of your choice.
6. The day of the audition
All artistic entrance exams take place at the Royal Conservatoire, Desguinlei 25, 2018 Antwerp
Registration is from 08h30 to 09h00 on Friday the first day of the session, upstairs at the reception desk.
The artistic entrance exams will consist of classes in contemporary, ballet, improvisation, composition and repertoire.
Selections will take place at several moments throughout the weekend, and Sunday will culminate with a showing of solo’s and an interview, as well as a physical test with the resident physiotherapist.
The final selected group will finish at 16.00 on Sunday.
7. Publication of the results and confirmation of enrolment
Within seven calendar days after the artistic entrance exam, the results are sent to the e-mail address specified by the candidate.
Students who pass the artistic artistic entrance exam confirm their commitment to enrol to the department via firstname.lastname@example.org.