Dates artistic entrance examination Master Dance
|audition session 1||
Thursday April 2, 2020
|Friday February 7, 2020|
|audition session 2||Friday June 12, 2020||Thursday April 30, 2020|
Do you want to participate? Take the following steps
1. Register for the audtion
A prospective student may register only once per academic year for the same admission test unless specifically requested by the jury after the first participation.
2. The administration fee
The administrative fee for registration for the audition is € 40.Your registration is final once we have received this payment. If we do not receive the payment timely your registration is cancelled (you will timely be informed about the deadline). Any bank charges for foreign payments, are to be payed by the candidate. Administration costs are under no circumstances refunded.
3. Submission of materials for application
After registration you will receive the document "application form master dance 2020-2021" through mail. To apply please submit the following information by completing the documents "application form master dance 2019-2020".
- A letter of motivation, answering the following questions: Why are you applying to this particular programme? What do you hope to learn or gain from it? Which experiences have led you to apply to this course? The letter must be written in English or Dutch. Maximum 1000 words.
- A statement on embodied artistic practice, in which you describe how you understand embodiment in your own artistic practice. What is it that you do as a dance artist and why would you consider it embodied? The statement must be written in English or Dutch. Maximum 1000 words.
- A proposal for a preliminary research plan, in which you formulate an artistic research question that you derive from your embodied artistic practices. The proposal must be written in English or Dutch. Maximum 1000 words.
- A YouTube or Vimeo link of your work that represents your practice. Maximum 5 minutes.
- In a seperate document: Your CV with relevant education and artistic experiences
If applying for the master in dance and education, please expand your answers to incorporate relevant information.
4. Preparation for the artistic entrance exam
If selected to pass through to the next stage of the application procedure, you will be invited for an artistic entrance exam. This will take place on the campus in Antwerp or online (depending on guidelines from the government) and will consist of:
- A short presentation to the panel and your group of co-applicants, in which you are expected to outline your practices in relation to your preliminary research plan and to briefly demonstrate and/or share physical material or tasks; this presentation is meant to give a short insight to your practices and plans and last no longer than 15 minutes.
- A group discussion on a topic to be determined.
- An individual interview with the panel.
5. Publication of the results and confirmation of enrolment
Within seven calendar days after the artistic entrance exam, the results are sent to the e-mail address specified by the candidate.
Students who pass the artistic artistic entrance exam confirm their commitment to enrol to the department via email@example.com.
The master will start in February 2021. The pre-master courses will start in September 2020.