STEP 2. Artistic entrance examination
1. If you meet the diploma and language requirements you will need to pass the artistic entrance exam as a second step.
Registration for the entrance exam for academic year 2022 -2023 is no longer possible. Registration for the entrance exam for academic year 2023 -2024 is not yet possible. Would you like to stay informed about the next entrance exams? Then sign up for the newsletter Music.
2. Pay the administration fee after registration
To be certain that you can participate, the administration fee (40 euros) has to be paid within two weeks after registration. The payment needs to be done online within the application tool. The application fee is non-refundable.
3. Prepare yourself for the entrance exam
Belgian students will be given the choice between online or live participation in the entrance examination. You can specify this in the online form. All foreign candidates have to participate online, due to the COVID-19.
Students with a master/bachelor diploma in the performing arts take an individual entrance examination:
- You sing a prima vista with a change of measure in the solo key. (with preparation time)
- You have knowledge of different keys and modes.
- You can respond rhythmically and melodically to the question and answer principle.
- Intake of 15 min. (online option)
- Practical exercise in group
- Create a short composition with game materials
4. The day of the entrance exam
Live entrance examinations will take place at the Royal Conservatoire Antwerp, Desguinlei 25, 2018 Antwerp. Candidates are expected to be available on the day(s) of the admission test and to be present at the announced time. Please present yourself at the reception desk.
In case of online entrance examinations, you will receive a link prior to the start of the examination.
5. Publication of the results of the entrance exam
Within seven calendar days from the decision, the results of the artistic entrance exam are sent by e-mail to the e-mail address specified by the candidate.
A prospective student may only enroll once per academic year, based on the same entrance exam unless specifically requested by the jury after the first participation.