STEP 2. Artistic entrance examination
If you meet the diploma and language requirements, you will need to pass the artistic entrance exam as a second step.
Would you like to be updated on all important deadlines and information regarding the entrance test via e-mail? Then sign up for our Dance Infomail.
We strongly advise students from outside the EU to participate in the first session of the entrance exams because of Visum issues and the time needed to arrange their stay in Belgium.
Date Registration + payment deadline 17.01.2024 (noon) Online questionnaire in your mailbox 19.01.2024 Round 1 (online) submission deadline for video and questionnaire 08.02.2024 (noon) Result round 1 from 26.02.2024 onwards Round 2 (on campus) 14-16.03.2024 or 21-23.03.2024
2.1 Register for the entrance examination
The artistic entrance examination consists of two parts; a video-round and a live audition. Each candidate will submit a video. Our jury will watch the video and determine if the candidate can take part in the live audition. Please make sure not to miss any other deadlines regarding the required documents such as a visa, to enrol later on!
Administration fee & audition process
2.2 The administration fee
Wait for a registration confirmation by email and then transfer the administration fee (40 euros) online within the application tool. Once your payment is received, you will receive the questionnaire required to submit for your application process.
2.3 Bachelor dance programme - Vision
The Bachelor dance programme of the Royal Conservatoire of Antwerp is a creative environment where passionate teaching and performing artists representing the diversity of contemporary dance practices inspire young dancers from a multiplicity of backgrounds to define and articulate their own identity as an embodied dance artist. We empower our students to develop creative, performative and reflective skills to become open-minded, engaged dance artists with a potential to contribute to and shape the working field.
2.4 Application procedure
Alongside a high school diploma requirement for entering the Bachelor dance programme, the application process takes into account dance skills, creativity, motivation, personality and experience, with the aim to be inclusive and a reflection of a diverse society.
Aspects that are considered
• Advanced level and experience of contemporary dance practices
• Fundamental level and experience of improvisation practices
• Fundamental level and experience of classical ballet
• Capacity for creative choice making
• Capacity for reflection and critical thinking
• Capacity to integrate instructions and feedback
• Capacity to communicate and engage in a collective setting
• Physical and mental resilience to maintain the intensity of the programme
• Awareness of dance practices and arts in society
• Open attitude and curiosity to explore beyond known dance practices
• Commitment and passion to be a part of the programme and its ongoing development with the goal to develop as dance artist 2.4
2.5 First selection
Submit an application film and completed questionnaire
Do not use password protection.
Application film in one Vimeo or YouTube link should include:
1. A one-minute film that demonstrates your skills and experience in contemporary dance.
2. A one-minute film that demonstrates your skills and experience in improvisation.
3. A one-minute film that demonstrates your skills and experience in classical ballet.
4. A one-minute solo choreographed and performed by yourself
5. A one-minute film with a spoken introduction where you share your motivation to study at the Royal Conservatoire.
6. Upload your completed questionnaire including your vimeo/youtube link to the online system.
The first selection is made from the content of your film and questionnaire. You will be notified if you are invited to the second selection of the audition based on your submitted documents.
2.6 Second selection
The second selection will take place during a live audition at the Royal Conservatoire, Desguinlei 25, 2018 Antwerp and consists of:
• classes in contemporary dance, ballet, improvisation, composition and repertoire
• group talk
• personal interview
• performance of a solo - maximum of 2 minutes
• physical test with our physiotherapist
Further selections will take place at several moments throughout the audition process.
2.7 Final selection, publication of the results and confirmation of enrolment
Candidates will be notified via email if they have successfully passed the entrance examination.To secure your place, it is necessary to confirm your final registration by email: email@example.com.