The master programme Dance is only accessible if you meet the diploma and language requirements and when you pass the artistic entrance exam. Follow the steps as described underneath
STEP 1. Check the diploma and language requirements
It is required for you to hold a Bachelor diploma in Dance or Performing Arts or equivalent.
For specific questions about the admission requirements or your diploma, please contact the student center through the e-mail email@example.com.
If you do not hold a bachelor's degree in Dance or Performing Arts, but have experience as a professional dancer, you may consider obtaining your bachelor's degree in Dance through an EVC procedure.
The EVC procedure is a method of validating certain professional competencies to obtain a certificate of competence for one or more well-defined course units of the Bachelor Dance programme.
The Bachelor Dance degree can be acquired if you have obtained:
- a credit certificate,
- an EVK (exemption through credit certificates obtained elsewhere),
- or an exemption via an EVC certificate of competence.
FOR ALL COURSES.
Please note: you must first pass the artistic entrance exam to apply for the EVC procedure. The EVC process is lengthy and must be completed before the start of the master's programme.
For the Master Dance there are no official language requirements. Although it is strongly advised to have a B2 Dutch or English proficiency level for effective day-to-day communication and high quality written assignments.
For the Educational master in Music and performing arts, major Dance, a Dutch language proficiency level B2 is mandatory.
The Royal Conservatoire Antwerp does not organise language courses. Students are free to take courses at a language institute of their own choice.
- LINGUAPOLIS: offers Dutch and other language courses. A Linguapolis language certificate is attributed credits that can be validated by the RCA. https://www.uantwerpen.be/en/centres/linguapolis/
- ATLAS- Huis van het Nederlands: offers Dutch for foreigners. http://www.nt2antwerpen.be
- Any Centre for Adult education (“Centrum voor volwassenenonderwijs”) that offers language courses. http://data-onderwijs.vlaanderen.be/onderwijsaanbod/lijst.aspx?hs=cvo
For the master of arts & education in Music and performing arts a Dutch language proficiency level B2 is mandatory.