Skip to main content
  • Home
  • Become a researcher

Become a researcher

Research and doctoral projects aim to stimulate artistic and/or scientific research and embed the research in the courses of the School of Arts.

More information about submitting a research project.

More information about submitting a doctoral project.

Research projects can be financed internally (annual call from the Schools of Arts) and externally. At the Schools of Arts there are four types of research projects for which (internal) funding can be applied for. All research projects should preferably have a link with the ongoing research and/or the activities of the existing research groups of the Schools of Arts.

Research projects can also be funded externally. One of the most important external funding channels is the FWO, an agency that supports ground-breaking fundamental and strategic scientific research at the universities of the Flemish Community. Artistic researchers who aspire a PhD mandate or already have a PhD are eligible for this.

There are also many subsidy channels at a European level, such as the Creative Europe program, the ERC, Erasmus+, etc. For more information about the various subsidy channels, contact the Research Coordination Unit of the AP Hogeschool (