The master programme Music is only accessible if you meet the diploma and language requirements and when you pass the artistic entrance exam. Follow the steps as described underneath
STEP 1. Check the diploma and language requirements
Folowing diplomas grant admission to the master programme Music
- an academic bachelor's diploma in Music, main subject Instrumental/vocal grants direct admission to the master study in Music, main subject Instrumental/vocal;
- an academic bachelor's diploma in Music, main subject Music Theory /composition grants direct admission to the master study in Music, main subject Composition;
- an academic bachelor's diploma in Music, main subject music Jazz/popular music grants direct admission to the master study in Music, main subject Jazz/popular music.
Folowing diplomas grant admission to the master programme Music with additional requirements:
- an academic bachelor's diploma in Music with a specific main subject grants direct admission to a different main subject after screening of the competencies needed to begin the study, based on study load, credits, learning content and end competencies of the bachelor study concerned and on the condition that the student follows an individual preparatory programme;
- a diploma of the first or second grade of higher art education with complete curriculum, or a professional bachelor diploma Music, on condition that the student follows a bridging programme.
For the master programme Dance or Music there are no official language requirements.
Students are advised a B2 Dutch or English proficiency level for an effective day-to-day communication and high quality written assignments.
The Royal Conservatoire Antwerp does not organise language courses. Students are free to take courses at a language institute of their own choice.
- LINGUAPOLIS: offers Dutch and other language courses. A Linguapolis language certificate is attributed credits that can be validated by the RCA. https://www.uantwerpen.be/en/centres/linguapolis/
- ATLAS- Huis van het Nederlands: offers Dutch for foreigners. http://www.nt2antwerpen.be
- Any Centre for Adult education (“Centrum voor volwassenenonderwijs”) that offers language courses. http://data-onderwijs.vlaanderen.be/onderwijsaanbod/lijst.aspx?hs=cvo
For the master of arts & education in Music and performing arts a Dutch language proficiency level B2 is mandatory.