Did you know that, in Europe, you can only obtain a Suzuki postgraduate degree at the Royal Conservatoire Antwerp?
The 'Suzuki method' was developed by Japanese violinist and pedagogue Shinichi Suzuki (1898-1998). It is based on the way young children learn their mother tongue. The course is open to an international audience and is taught in English. The Conservatory has offered this two-year postgraduate degree since 2014. Professional violinists from all over Europe, the USA and Japan are drawn to specialise in the methodology and child-centred approach of the Suzuki Method.
The training leads to the diploma awarded by the European Suzuki Association and the Diploma of Postgraduate Suzuki Teacher.
A new series of lessons will start in October 2023. We offer the training leading to the ESA levels 1-5.
You can enrol for ESA 1, 2 and 5 in 2023-2024.
The course is held at the Royal Conservatoire of Antwerp (campus DE SINGEL) and runs over 7 long weekends.
The teachers are the world-renowned lecturers: Veerle Van Gorp, Wim Meuris and Koen Rens.
- Following the ESA Teacher Training Syllabus
- Suzuki Philosophy
- Suzuki Pedagogy
- Suzuki Methodology
- Individual Lessons
- Supervised Teaching
- Parent Coaching
- Pedagogical Projects and Workshops
- Repertoire training and Study of Suzuki Literature
- Groupclass Methodology and training
Added Value specific to the Antwerp Postgraduate
Masterclass opportunities with high-profile International Teacher Trainers
View the programme via Programme - String Instruments | AP School Of Arts (ap-arts.be)
Academic year 2023-2024
- Intake interviews scheduled on 31 August 2023 from 10am
- Level 1 & 2 from October 2023
- Level 5 from October 2023
- Admission requirements
- A master's degree (for Belgian students) or bachelor's degree (for foreign students) in violin or viola
- The motivation to work with very young children and teenagers
- An interview is scheduled on 31 August 2023 from 10am. The interview will take place at the Conservatoire or online for candidates not located in Belgium.
Register and contact