As a student at the Royal Academy of Fine Arts, you have several opportunities to gain an international experience. For example, you can study abroad through an Erasmus+ experience, do an internship in another country, participate in a foreign project or follow an English-language course.
Students who are interested in an international exchange, have to do the following:
- Submit a request at your department
- Send your top 3 destinations to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wait for your official nomination and receive information about your destination and the next steps to undertake
For an overview of all available grants, you can so to the AP website and find the formula that fits for you!
Interested in pursuing a degree in the USA? You can contact the EducationUSA Advising Center at email@example.com or via their website to ask questions or set up a virtual advising appointment.
Internationalisation at home is a concept that has become increasingly important in recent years. It was created to give students who do not go abroad during their studies an international experience. The meaning becomes evident right away, internationalisation at home means that students at the Academy come into contact with students and teachers of a different nationality and background. This can be done in the ateliers and classrooms (through guest lectures or presentations by incoming students), but also during workshops and other intercultural and international activities offered by the school.
Students who are interested in doing an exchange at the Academy, have to take the following steps:
Step 1 – Email of partner institution
The partner institution sends an informal email to the Royal Academy of Fine Arts Antwerp (firstname.lastname@example.org), stating that you have been officially selected as an exchange student.
Step 2 – Student application + CV + cover letter + photo
- Your CV + cover letter
- A digital photo (JPEG-file)
- Overview of your previous results (first semester)
- Portfolio: your digital portfolio is a collection of your artistic work (photos, scans of your sketch book, documents, drawings…).
Use www.wetransfer.com to send your portfolio to email@example.com.
- A letter from your home institution, stating that you have been officially selected as an exchange student.
Step 3 – Admission
You receive a message via email about your possible admission:
- By mid-June at the latest – for the first semester
- By mid-December at the latest – for the second semester
Deadlines for applications
First semester academic year 2022-2023: 30 April 2022
Second semester academic year 2022-2023: 31 October 2022