Wanted: M/F/X who wants to be coached intensively by our internationally renowned teachers for a week.
Whether you have yet to begin your higher education or have been studying at a conservatoire for several years, you are more than welcome to attend one of our music courses. Both during the Easter and the summer holidays, we open our doors to young musicians from Belgium and abroad who want to prepare themselves for an entrance exam or who want to be coached at top level for a week.
When and where?
During the Easter holidays: from 10 to 14 April 2023 in Antwerp Royal Conservatoire, Campus DE SINGEL, Desguinlei 25, 2018 Antwerp.
What to expect?
- Every day you get one hour of individual lessons from the composition, instrument or vocal teacher of your choice.
- You are welcome to attend the other lessons of your teacher as a spectator.
- You will follow four fascinating workshops and lectures in which you will become acquainted with the focal points of the Conservatory in all its courses:
- Monday 10 April: physical awareness with Magda Thielemans
- Tuesday 11 April: historical performance practice with Guido De Neve
- Wednesday 12 April: Improvisation with Sterre De Raedt
- Thursday 13 April: contemporary music with Nico Couck
- If you are a student of the higher degree DKO / Kunsthumaniora, you can extend your lessons with Chamber Music (four days) and/or General Musical Training (or solfège and ear-training, four days).
- As a Conservatoire student, you can expand your course package to include Chamber Music (four days).
- You will be part of a nice group of like-minded people from all over the world.
- A lively campus where you can rehearse and study before and after your lessons.
- A final concert: on the last day, friends and family are welcome to join you for a collective performance.
The list of participating teachers is different for each edition. Is the teacher or instrument of your choice not on the list this time? Then perhaps take at look at our Summer Music Course in 2023.
|Composition||Mathias Coppens, Alain Craens, Bram Van Camp|
|Clarinet||Julien Hervé, Marija Pavlovic|
|Double bass||Lode Leire|
|Piano||Nikolaas Kende & Aäron Wajnberg|
|Tuba||Bernd Van Echelpoel|
|Violin||Guido De Neve|
|Vocal studies||Lucas Cortoos|
|Vocal studies||Michèle Losier|
This list will continue to grow over the course of the next few weeks.
How to register
1. Go to the registration form.
2. Once that is completed, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Video or YouTube link of you playing your instrument.
- A repertoire list (the repertoire you want to study during the course)
- If you qualify for a social discount: the documents to support your application. You can find more information about this discount under the heading 'Participation fee'.
3. Pay the correct participation fee (see overview below) within two weeks to confirm your registration. Your registration is not final until the participation fee has been paid.
4. Have you registered but cannot participate? We will charge an administrative fee of € 40. The remaining amount will be refunded as soon as possible.
|instrument, vocal studies or composition||€ 350|
|Chamber music||€ 190|
|General music training||€ 55|
|BASIC COURSE + ADDITIONAL OPTIONS AT A REDUCED RATE||€ 550|
The workshops and lectures are offered free of charge to all participants, regardless of the selected lessons. They take place Monday to Thursday between1 and 2 pm.
There is a discount on the participation fee for those who take all classes: € 550 instead of € 595.
A social discount of €50 is granted to the first 15 registrants who meet at least one of the following conditions*:
- You have refugee status;
- You received a (partial) scholarship for the school year 2022-2023;
- You received a (partial) scholarship for the academic year 2022-2023.
Are you eligible for this discount? If so, please include and substantiate this in your registration email to email@example.com.