The Royal Conservatoire of Antwerp warmly welcomes (Erasmus) exchange students to its Music programme. We offer a dynamic and internationally oriented environment that allows you to have a high level, artistic and interpersonal experience.
Here below we provide you with all the information necessary to realise your (Erasmus) exchange. If you encounter any difficulties during your application please contact email@example.com.
1 If you are interested in spending a study period at the Royal Conservatoire Antwerp, you are required to first contact the international coordinator in your home institution. You might also first need permission from your teacher(s) or coördinators in your home institution.
2 Please feel free to contact our teachers and cordinators (for jazz contact Els Smedts) in order to introduce yourself and to better prepare your application. You can reach them by mail which is always firstname.lastname@example.org. You find their contact details also in the dedicated pages on our website.
3 You need to collect the following materials:
- Letter of Motivation - please mention which year you wish to enter (Bachelor 1,2,3 or Master 1,2)
- Letter of recommendation by your main teacher or coordinator
- CV or biography
- Transcript of records (official document of your home institution stating your obtained results so far)
- Media file(s): active web link(s) to an online platform (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) where the media file(s) can be played. Composition candidates should upload scores of at least three (preferably four) of their own compositions, together with audio recordings of the works. Exchange candidates are not required to do a live audition; a recording is sufficient.
4 Apply through EASY:
- The official deadline for application for the whole academic year and for semester one or two is 1 May. The final result of your Erasmus application will be known the latest by 1 July through EASY.
- You can apply through the AEC online application system EASY from the 1st of January: https://aec.dreamapply.com.
- ERASMUS CODE of the Royal Conservatoire Antwerp is B ANTWERP 62
- If you cannot select an Erasmus programme or if you apply for Master Mind please select “Bilateral” this means that we do not yet have an agreement with your institution but will look into it after you got accepted.
- When choosing a programme in the application you also need to enter the requested study subjects. You can find the relevant programmes, study subject names and ECTS on the programme page of your section on our website.
- Please note that without uploads of the documents/items (as described above), the application cannot be considered valid.
If you do not succeed in applying through EASY please send the following documents as attachments in one mail to email@example.com.
- Erasmus+ application form completed and signed
- Learning Agreement completed and signed
- Letter of Motivation - mention which bachelor year you wish to enter
- CV or biography
- Media file(s): active web link(s) to an online platform (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) where the media file(s) can be played. Composition candidates should upload scores of at least three (preferably four) of their own compositions, together with audio recordings of the works. Erasmus candidates are not required to do a live audition; a recording is sufficient
Please note that without uploads of these documents/items (as described above), the application cannot be considered valid.
Foreign students who want to subscribe for a Master programme in Flanders can apply for a Master Mind scholarship. All information about the procedure can be found through this link. After that we will request you to also register in EASY so we can propose your application internally.
Staying at the Conservatoire
Upon arrival, all Erasmus students need to register at the student secretariat immediately. Students staying longer than three months will also have to register as a residential at the city public services. It is our student secretariat that will initiate this registration.
To facilitate this, students should bring:
- Confirmation of your status as an Erasmus student (document from your home institution;
- Valid travel documents for students from EU member states: valid identity card;
- Valid travel documents for students from outside the EU: Passport and Residence permit or visa (Visum 'type D' or a student visa: you have to apply for those at the Belgian embassy or consulate in your home country before leaving for Belgium. It is possible that this application takes several months to be processed. It is therefore advised that you start the visa application procedure well in advance.)
- Health insurance proof.
After registration, students will be issued a student card of the Artesis Plantijn Hogeschool Antwerpen. The student card is needed to prove one's student status, e.g. to borrow a book at the library.
Exchange students are not required to pay any tuition fees.
Exchange students are asked to organise their own housing. The Royal Conservatoire of Antwerp does not have a dorm and we do not provide personal assistance.
Certified student housing is advertised on a well functioning website:
The AP University College has a very limited number of student rooms available at the city center. Please contact the AP student services for these: +32 3 220 54 00.
Student jobs can be found on: