Programme register | AP School Of Arts Skip to main content

Bachelor Dance
Bachelor Dans

The bachelor programme Dance is only accessible if you meet the diploma and language requirements and when you pass the artistic entrance exam. Follow the steps as described underneath.

Would you like to stay up to date with the ins and outs of the programme? Subscribe to the Infomail Dance.

STEP 1. Check the diploma and language requirements

  • Diploma requirements

    You have a diploma of higher secondary education or equivalent awarded by the Flemish Government (= for Belgium: A.S.O., K.S.O., TSO, B.S.O. + 7th specialization year) or a degree or certificate that is being acknowledged as equal by law, European guidelines or any other international agreement.

    For Dutch diplomas: a VWO diploma, a Certificate of having successfully passed the basic exam (= "propedeutisch examen") or an MBO of at least 4 years with qualification level 4 (this MBO 4 diploma is only sufficient for the professional bachelor Dance and not for the other academic bachelor programmes in the Schools of Arts). A HAVO or MAVO diploma without 'propedeuse' don't provide access to higher education in Flanders!

    For other foreign diplomas: every diploma that gives access tot university studies in your country of origin. This can be any study certificate recognized as equivalent pursuant to any legal norm, European guideline or any other international agreement. A non-exhaustive list of eligible Belgian and foreign study certificates can be consulted on

    If you have obtained a diploma or certificate in a country outside the European Union, the admissions committee may give you permission to enrol for a bachelor programme if your diploma gives access to a bachelor’s programme in that country, comparable to a Flemish bachelor programme. Therefore, you need to apply.

    The application must contain the following documents:
    •    a completed application form;
    •    a certified copy of the diploma concerned;
    •    a certified Dutch translation issued by a sworn translator, unless the original is in English, French, or German;
    •    a declaration from the embassy or consulate of your country stating that with this diploma, you are admitted to a bachelor programme in the country where you obtained the diploma, unless the diploma itself contains such declaration.

    You need to send these documents to

    For specific questions about the admission requirements or your diploma, please contact the student center through the e-mail above.


STEP 2. Register for the artistic entrance examination


STEP 3 till 7. After the artistic entrance examination

Additional information

  • Tuition fees and course related fees

    You can find the Regulations tuition fees, study costs and various expenses on the general regulations page of the AP website. In the Excel file underneath you can easily calculate the total amount you need to pay.

    In September or October you’ll receive an invoice for the tuition fee and course related fees based on your signed study contract. The invoice will be sent to your AP-mail.

    Tuition fees 2023-2024

    Students who are nationals of a member state of the European Economic Area (Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Iceland, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Austria, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Romania, Spain, Czech Republic, Sweden) for a diploma or credit contract: tuition fee fixed part: 282,10 euro  + 13,50 euro / ECTS + 60 euro course related fee.

    Students who are nationals of other countries: tuition fee fixed part: 886,40 euro + 121,00 euro / ECTS + 60 euro course related fee.

    The tuition fee for foreign students does not apply for nationals of those other countries in certain specific circumstances as described in the regulations. Swiss nationals are part of the European Free Trade Association and can obtain an E card and pay the same tuition fees as EEA citizens. Students with British nationality enrolled in 2020-21 will continue to be subject to the normal tuition fee for the completion of the started study.

    A student from inside the EER enrolling for 60 ECTS within a diploma contract pays 1.152,10 euro tuition fee.
    A student from outside the EER enrolling for 60 ECTS within a diploma contract pays 8.206,40 euro tuition fee.

    Course related fees 2023-2024

    All Bachelor and Master students who register for 27 ECTS or more, pay 60 euro. Students with less than 27 ECTS pay 30 euro.

    Extra costs are also charged for attending performances and concerts. Because of the uncertainty whether certain performances will take place, these extra costs will be invoiced separately in May 2024 on the basis of actual expenses.

    • Students who register for the course History of music 1 and 2, History of music (jazz) 1 and 2, Art criticism and Art criticism (Media, writing and performance art) pay a maximum of 50 euro extra;
    • Students who register for the Bachelor in Dance pay a maximum of 80 euro extra.
    • Please take into account that extra costs, such as travel or living arrangements are at your own dispense. 
  • Learning account

    The learning account is applicable to each student who enrols in a University College or University in Flanders. With this tool the Government aims to encourage you to make the right study choice and monitor your study progress.

    Every student starting higher education in Flanders receives a learning account of 140 study credits. Study credits are deducted from your learning account for each course you enrol for. If you pass your exam you earn back your credits. If you fail for your exam, the study credits are irrevocably deducted from your learning account. If you don't have any credits left in your learning account you can no longer continue your studies.

    You can check the balance of your learning account on (website in Dutch only).

    If you enrol for a course of 6 study credits, then those 6 study credits will be deducted form your learning account. If you pass your exam with at least 10/20 then those 6 credits will be added again to your learning acount. If you fail, the 6 credits will be irrevocably deducted.

    The first 60 credits you obtain under diploma contract in higher education in Flanders are doubled. Those 60 credits don't need to be earned in one academic year, one study programme or one institution.

    For whom?
    The learning account applies to any student who enrols with a diploma contract or credit contract for a bachelor or master programme. It does not apply to students who enrol for a teaching qualification programme, for a bridging or preparatory programme or for a postgraduate programme. Also enrolments with an exam contract are not taken into account.

    The learning account aims to encourage you as a student to make the right study choice and to encourage you to change your study programme in time.

    Made the wrong choice?
    Is your study not running so smoothly as you expected or do your realise that you made the wrong choice? Then you should make an appointment with your student counselor. You can withdraw or choose a new programme. This way you do not unnecessarily lose credits from your learning account. The quicker you decide, the more chance you have to gain back your credits.

    Already obtained a master's degree?
    ­The balance of your learning account is reduced by 140 credits when you obtain a diploma for a master programme. If this results in a positive balance, you can use the remaining credits to enrol in an initial bachelor or master programme. If the balance of your learning account is less than 60 credits, you can build it up again to a maximum of 60. Ten credits are added to your learning account every academic year after you obtained your master diploma.

    More information about the learning account can be found in the Education and Examination Regulations under article 8.1 and on (Dutch website only).


  • Financial support

    For general information about international scholarships, please check and

    In order to receive a scholarship from the Flemish Community, you must fulfill multiple conditions. If you are temporarily staying in Belgium because of your studies, national conditions will be an obstacle and you might not be eligible to request this scholarship. If you do not meet the requirements, you will have to fund your studies yourself and (if possible) apply for financial assistance and/or study aid in your home country. For more information about the scholarship of the Flemish Community, please check

    Students from outside the European Economic Area are not eligible for financial aid from the AP University College. It is not possible to pay the tuition fee in instalments.

    Looking for an accommodation? What about the rental agreement? And the prices? Do you need insurance? Visa? Learn all about it on the practical information page of AP University of Applied Sciences and Arts Antwerp:

    For incoming master's students from abroad, there is also the Mastermind scholarship (read the requirements carefully). 

    The Conservatoire also offers some internal scholarships (between 1,500 and 3,000 euros per selected student) to regular students of the Royal Conservatoire of Antwerp: the Soroptimist scholarship, the Orange scholarship and the Bolster scholarship. Every year an internal call is made for these. 

    There are also external support initiatives such as:

    This is just a sample of what support is offered by externals. KCA staff regularly posts opportunities for support for projects, workshops, competitions and residencies on the student platforms Intranet and DigitAP.

  • Students with specific needs

    If you have specific needs you can request facilitating measures.

    You can request these if you:

    • have a (learning) disability (dyslexia, dyscalculia, autism spectrum disorder, adhd, a motor, visual or aural disability,…);
    • suffer from a medical or psychological problem;
    • combine top sport / work / family with studying.

    The studentcounselor Petra Vangeel ( will assist you in applying for facilitating measures to meet your individual needs.

  • Regulations and year calendar

    You can find the Education and Examination Regulations, ICT Regulations and Library Regulations on the general regulations page of the AP website. You can also find the specific year calendar of the Conservatoire on this page.  

The Royal Conservatoire of Antwerp warmly welcomes Erasmus exchange students to its Dance programme. We offer a dynamic and internationally oriented environment that allows you to have a high level artistic and interpersonal experience.

Underneath we provide you with all the information necessary to realise your Erasmus exchange at our Conservatoire.

Application procedure

If you are interested in spending a study period at the Royal Conservatoire Antwerp in the framework of Erasmus+, you are required to contact the international coordinator in your home institution. You might first need permission from your teacher(s) or coordinators in your home institution.

The official deadline for application for the whole academic year and for semester one or two is 1 May. The final result of your application will be known the latest by 1 July through EASY.

Erasmus students can apply through the AEC online application system EASY from the 1st of January:

  • If you encounter any difficulties during your application please contact
  • ERASMUS CODE for applying at the Royal Conservatoire Antwerp is B ANTWERP 62
  • If you cannot select an Erasmus programme please select “Bilateral” this means that we do not yet have an agreement with your institution but will look into it after you got accepted.
  • When choosing a programme in the application you also need to enter the requested study subjects. You can find the relevant programmes and study subject names and ECTS on the programme page.

With your EASY online registration, you are asked to upload the following documents/items:

  • Letter of Motivation - mention which year you wish to enter
  • CV or biography
  • letter of recommendation of you current dance teacher(s)
  • Media files: active web link(s) to an online platform (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) where the media files can be played. Video material contains: 
    • 1.    A one-minute film that demonstrates your skills and experience in contemporary dance.
    • 2.    A one-minute film that demonstrates your skills and experience in improvisation.
    • 3.    A one-minute film that demonstrates your skills and experience in classical ballet. 
    • 4.    A one-minute solo choreographed and performed by yourself 
    • 5.    A one-minute film with a spoken introduction where you share your motivation to study at the Royal Conservatoire. 

Please note that without uploads of these documents/items (as above), the application cannot be considered.

If you do not succeed in applying through EASY please send the following documents as attachments in one mail to

  • Erasmus+ application form completed and signed
  • Learning Agreement completed and signed
  • Letter of Motivation - mention which bachelor year you wish to enter
  • CV or biography
  • Media files: active web link(s) to an online platform (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) where the media files can be played. Video material contains: 
    - selected parts of a classical dance class (max 3 min);
    - material of a contemporary dance class: floorwork + standing work (max 5 min)
    - personal work/solo creation (max 5min)

Please note that without uploads of these documents/items (as above), the application cannot be considered.

Staying at the Conservatoire

Upon arrival, all Erasmus students need to register at the student secretariat immediately. Students staying longer than three months will also have to register as a residential at the city public services. It is our student secretariat that will initiate this registration.

To facilitate this, students should bring:

  • Confirmation of your status as an Erasmus student (document from your home institution;
  • Valid travel documents for students from EU member states: valid identity card;
  • Valid travel documents for students from outside the EU: Passport and Residence permit or visa (Visum 'type D' or a student visa: you have to apply for those at the Belgian embassy or consulate in your home country before leaving for Belgium. It is possible that this application takes several months to be processed. It is therefore advised that you start the visa application procedure well in advance.)
  • Health insurance proof.

After registration, students will be issued a student card of the Artesis Plantijn Hogeschool Antwerpen. The student card is needed to prove one's student status, e.g. to borrow a book at the library.

Erasmus exchange students are not required to pay any tuition fees.

Student housing
Exchange students are asked to organise their own housing. The Royal Conservatoire of Antwerp does not have a dorm and we do not provide personal assistance.
Certified student housing is advertised on a well functioning website:
The AP University College has a very limited number of student rooms available at the city center. Please contact the AP student services for these: +32 3 220 54 00.

Student jobs
Student jobs can be found on:



Would you like to be kept updated on the dates of info moments, entrance examinations and news about the programme? Then register here for the infomail.


Every year we organise a big event with open classes, workshops, concerts, info sessions etc. to inform future students and for people curious about our Conservatoire! 

Concerts and performances

Joini us at one of the many concerts and performances by our students. Please check our online calendar and subscribe to our newsletter. Please visit our Facebookpage.

Social media

You can follow the Conservatoire on Facebook and Instagram and you can register for our digital newsletter