The bachelor programme Dance is only accessible if you meet the diploma and language requirements and when you pass the artistic entrance exam. Follow the steps as described underneath.
Would you like to stay up to date with the ins and outs of the programme? Subscribe to the Infomail Dance.
STEP 1. Check the diploma and language requirements
You have a diploma of higher secondary education or equivalent awarded by the Flemish Government (= for Belgium: A.S.O., K.S.O., TSO, B.S.O. + 7th specialization year) or a degree or certificate that is being acknowledged as equal by law, European guidelines or any other international agreement.
For Dutch diplomas: a VWO diploma, a Certificate of having successfully passed the basic exam (= "propedeutisch examen") or an MBO of at least 4 years with qualification level 4 (this MBO 4 diploma is only sufficient for the professional bachelor Dance and not for the other academic bachelor programmes in the Schools of Arts). A HAVO or MAVO diploma without 'propedeuse' don't provide access to higher education in Flanders!
For other foreign diplomas: every diploma that gives access tot university studies in your country of origin. This can be any study certificate recognized as equivalent pursuant to any legal norm, European guideline or any other international agreement. A non-exhaustive list of eligible Belgian and foreign study certificates can be consulted on www.ap.be/toelatingsvoorwaarden.
If you have obtained a diploma or certificate in a country outside the European Union, the admissions committee may give you permission to enrol for a bachelor programme if your diploma gives access to a bachelor’s programme in that country, comparable to a Flemish bachelor programme. Therefore, you need to apply.
The application must contain the following documents:
• a completed application form;
• a certified copy of the diploma concerned;
• a certified Dutch translation issued by a sworn translator, unless the original is in English, French, or German;
• a declaration from the embassy or consulate of your country stating that with this diploma, you are admitted to a bachelor programme in the country where you obtained the diploma, unless the diploma itself contains such declaration.
You need to send these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For specific questions about the admission requirements or your diploma, please contact the student center through the e-mail above.
For the bachelor programme Dance there are no official language requirements.
Students are advised a B2 Dutch or English proficiency level for an effective day-to-day communication and high quality written assignments.
The Royal Conservatoire Antwerp does not organise language courses. Students are free to take courses at a language institute of their own choice.
- LINGUAPOLIS: offers Dutch and other language courses. A Linguapolis language certificate is attributed credits that can be validated by the RCA. https://www.uantwerpen.be/en/centres/linguapolis/
- ATLAS- Huis van het Nederlands: offers Dutch for foreigners. http://www.nt2antwerpen.be
- Any Centre for Adult education (“Centrum voor volwassenenonderwijs”) that offers language courses. http://data-onderwijs.vlaanderen.be/onderwijsaanbod/lijst.aspx?hs=cvo