Submit a research proposal at the Royal Conservatoire Antwerp
The Councils of the Royal Academy of Fine Arts and Royal Conservatoire Antwerp (Schools of Arts) launch their annual call for proposals for research projects.
- The deadline for proposal submission is 1 December 2023, 12.00h (noon).
- For research projects starting on 16 September 2024.
This call applies to three types of research project proposals: one-year projects, two-year research projects and one-year start projects.
Applications are required to be embedded in one (or more) research group(s), to be supervised by a promotor and to formally meet all requirements (see below).
- If you have questions, please contact the research group(s) or the research officer (contact information below).
- If you are planning on submitting a proposal, please contact the research group(s) of your choice preferably before 1 September 2023.
The call concerns applications for start projects, one-year and two-year research projects.
- Start projects - Budget: 20% employment for research assignment for 12 months + 1.000€ operation resources
- One year projects - Budget: 55% employment for research assignment for 12 months + 1.000€ operation resources
- Two year projects - Budget: 55% employment for research assignment for 24 months + 2.000€ operation resources.
For more information, please contact Kevin Voets (Head of Research Royal Conservatoire Antwerp) (see below)
- Applications are to be electronically submitted at the latest on 1 December 2023, 12.00h via 2 electronic versions (WORD and PDF file) per e-mail to email@example.com (Royal Conservatoire Antwerp).
- The research officers check whether the submission process had been duly observed and whether the submitted project applications conform to the formal rules of the call (cf. art. 16 of the regulations)
- The Research Board of Royal Academy of Fine Arts Antwerp - Royal Conservatoire Antwerp is consulted concerning the relevance of the applications to the joint research policy of the Schools of Arts. Only projects that are found to be relevant by the Research Board will be presented for further evaluation to a reading committee.
- The relevant project proposals will be evaluated and ranked by an independent reading committee. The reading committee makes a ranking of the applications per project type. These rankings will serve as an advice to the Research Board and the Councils of the Schools of Arts, deciding on the acceptance and start-up of research projects.
- The aim is to conclude the evaluation and acceptance procedure in March 2024. Projects can start at the earliest 16 September 2024.
- A detailed description of the procedure is to be found in the regulations, article 17.
- The proposal should be in line with, endorse and further develop the mission/vision of the Royal Academy of Fine Arts Antwerp and the Royal Conservatoire Antwerp.
- The applicant is in the possibility to be legally employed by the Royal Academy of Fine Arts Antwerp or the Royal Conservatoire Antwerp (AP Hogeschool) in a contractual engagement.
If you are planning on submitting a proposal, please contact the research officer of your School of Arts before 1 October 2023. She/he is available for advice and/or questions regarding the application forms and the procedure:
Royal Conservatoire Antwerp
Kevin Voets - Head of Research
+32 (0)3 244 18 27